Lead UI/UX Designer
Edinburgh or Stirling
to£50,000 + Benefits
Award winning Web & Mobile Development agency requires a highly skilled, creative UI/UX Designer to Lead their growing Design team. If you have a passion for digital product design and an aptitude to work in a collaborative environment, can demonstrate empathy and strong advocacy for their product users, while balancing the vision and constraints of engineering, then this might well be the role for you!
Along with being very hands-on within UI/UX design, you will also be responsible for taking the company’s design function forward, leading the designers to deliver innovative and creative solutions and for developing a creative thinking culture.
If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then this could be the ideal company …
What you bring:
- Leadership capabilities, with the ability to juggle a hands-on design role and manage a group of likeminded UI/UX designers
- A drive to push forward creativity and innovation
- The ability to map business needs to high level design concepts
- Significant experience as a key member of a UX/UI Design team participating in the development of digital products
- Ability to engage & inspire clients and users, taking ideas and concepts into specific deliverables
- Initiative to identify user needs and act on opportunities to improve the product offering
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of a customer’s problems and create elegant but practical solutions
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches, methodologies along with lo & high-fi prototyping skills
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently and work efficiently to tight timescales
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Working knowledge and experience designing for iOS and Android
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to mentor and motivate team members.
- Confidence to control a conversation that could take a customer from early concept to a fully considered list of requirements.
- Interaction Design
- Wireframing and UI prototyping
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines to drive change into products
- Planning, facilitating and observing workshops
- Ability to grasp and assimilate to new concepts quickly and effectively
- Ability to problem solve, work autonomously or within team
- Experience working in design software including (but not limited to) Sketch, In-Vision, Abstract
- Some experience in User Testing and research would be beneficial