Expanding Software Company requires a Head of Software Development to join their experienced Development team who are passionate about solving complex digital business problems, by creating mobile and digital solutions which have the aim of improving people’s lives.
As the Head of Software Development, you will lead our growing development team and will be responsible for overseeing a wide range of web and mobile projects. Reporting to the CTO, you’ll be an experienced head of Software Development with proven experience leading teams to deliver technology solutions across web and mobile.
- Providing guidance and coaching to the development team
- Managing the software development function, delivering effective technology solutions
- Championing software development best practises, including use of Agile
- Working closely with customers to provide costing estimates for new projects
- Ensuring robust practises are followed in terms of the software development lifecycle
- Working closely with the CTO and Development Team in order to define best-fit technology solutions
- Work closely with the Project Management team to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of projects
- Implementing improvements to development tools & processes
- Ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of hosting infrastructure and cloud services for our clients
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven expertise defining technology solutions for clients
- Whilst not a hands-on role, you must have strong development experience of web and mobile technologies
- Strong communication skills in order to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, including both technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Proven experience managing development/engineering teams in an Agile environment
- Strong understanding of agile project management tools and processes
- Experience working with cloud hosting and AWS / Azure
- An excellent problem solver, you’ll have strong analytical skills with the ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
Please note this role is 100% remote (although you MUST be based in the UK with the appropriate working rights).
If you love technology, thrive in a team-oriented culture which puts an emphasis on fun and learning new things, then this Head of Software Development role is for you.