3rd Line Systems Engineer
Technical Skills: PCs, Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange, Virtualisation (Hyper-V and VMWare), Anti-Virus and Back-up solutions, Solar Winds. Plus experience gained within a Managed Service Provider!
Our Client is a small but growing Managed Service Provider which works with companies across the UK, providing a one-stop support service covering PCs, Networks and Software, including ERP and CRM solutions. As part of their growth plans, they have created a new 3rd Line Systems Engineer role to provide support to customers, covering everything from PCs, Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange, Virtualisation (Hyper-V and VMWare), Anti-Virus and Back-up solutions, etc. and it is essential you have proven experience in this field.
You will be involved in dealing with all 3rd line issues including –
- Provide High Level technical back-up (3rd Line) to the Service Desk, dealing with complex problems and major outages
- Resolving issues within SLAs
- Working with Customers to ensure similar problems do not occur again and to help devise new solutions / workarounds to mitigate further issues
- Managing 3rd party relationships
- Become a Subject Matter Expert and to provide knowledge transfer to more junior staff members
- Bridging technical skills gaps in order to further your technical knowledge (training and certification provided)
From a technical perspective, you must have good knowledge of the following:
- PCs, Hardware, Software, O365, Active Directory, Exchange, etc
- Advanced setup & design of Azure and Office 365
- Advanced Networking Experience - WAN, LAN, vLAN, iSCSI, PAT, NAT, VPN, RDP
- Excellent knowledge of virtualisation technologies (Admin & Set-up) of Hyper-V and VMWare
- Good knowledge of Backup Technologies (administrations, schedule and set-up) such as Veeam Backup & Recovery, Symantec/Veritas, Datto
- Some industry certifications
It is expected that you will have at least 2 years recent experience working at 3rd Line support level within a Managed Service environment. Once probation has been passed, can work from home 2 days per week.
The company offers an excellent work environment with the chance to develop your skills with professional training ands certifications. Structured development path for IT professionals.