2ND LINE IT SUPPORT - Cambridge
£30,000 - £32,000
Our Educational client are currently expanding their IT Support team across various UK sites and are looking for an experienced 2nd Line IT Support to join their team based in Bournemouth.
As part of the IT Services department, the role is to deliver a high-quality support service to the our clients partners. Therefore, excellent interpersonal skills and a focus on quality customer service is essential. You will typically operate as part of the larger team and will be expected to operate independently for level 1, 2 and some level 3 support calls and BAU activities within the support service. The role will see the technician taking responsibility for the IT support for their site; taking ownership for the call queue, ensuring deadlines are met, keeping up to date asset management, hardware replacement planning, staff training and documenting procedures.
- The role is to lead their site from an IT support perspective and to provide guidance and leadership to less senior members of the greater Support Team.
- Please note this is not a 3rd line role but is ideal for those looking to expand their knowledge within an IT environment.
- The Support Technician on site will be expected to work closely with the Infrastructure Team and be expected to deal with 1st/2nd line issues and assist on 3rd line issues where appropriate.
- Support technicians will be technically self-sufficient with a broad level of knowledge across many technology fields and provide 1st, 2nd and some 3rd line support functions for routine support issues.
- To actively develop skills and receive development advice, training and mentoring from more senior staff.
- To be responsible for developing their technical skills in each area of technology, under the guidance of the IT
- Operations Manager. At this level technical specialism is not required, although Technicians will be encouraged to identify prospective areas of interest where their development should be focussed.
- Be able to own or escalate difficult or intractable problems to more senior staff for resolution. Where possible they should also be taking the lead to solve more complex support requests and expanding their overall IT knowledge.
Ensure all documentation is maintained to the highest standard.
It is expected that you will have at least 3 years IT Support experience with at least 2 years working at 2nd Line level. You will have a thorough understanding of Windows, O365, DHCP/DNS, AD, InTune, VM, Networks etc.
Due to the volume of applicants we can only respond to candidates matching the above criteria.