1st / 2nd Line IT Support
1st / 2nd Line IT Support - Windows - O365 - AD - Networks etc - Herts - to £30k pa
Our client based in Hertfordshire is looking for a 1st/2nd Line IT Support Engineer to join their expanding team.
The role is fundamental to the smooth operation of the company’s IT Systems. The role will offer 1st / 2nd line support to staff in relation to desktop support issues, whilst offering a variety of activities and opportunities for development.
Working under the guidance of the Department Manager, this role requires a motivated individual interested in learning new skills on the job, with the option of formal training courses for development of new and existing skills, whilst maintaining a personal interest in keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
Provide 1st / 2nd line support to all users, utilising the internal Helpdesk to:
Provide support for Hardware, including diagnosis and repair of desktop PCs, laptops and (where necessary) server systems;
- Provide support for Software, including diagnosis and escalation of CRM system faults, and support for business applications;
- Ensure all items are logged and tracked in the company’s internal helpdesk package;
- Meet the commitments of the internal Helpdesk Service Levels;
- Interact with internal users on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manne
It is expected that you will have at least 3 years experience in a support role working with the following -
- Windows 10 Desktop.
- Windows Server (basic exposure);
- Microsoft Office 2013 & 2016 or Office 365.
Experience in the following technologies is desirable / beneficial but not essential:
- Windows server
- Databases (MSSQL)
- Hyper V Server
- Active Directory
- VOIP systems
- Network infrastructure experience
- Programming or scripting knowledge (.NET, Powershell, Batch scripting etc)